prob with my landloard.....its hot.....

my house is soooo hot i have the air on all day and we are sweating theyve had people come out and look at it and say noting is wrong....its readin 82 right now in my house im in a shirt and undies and im sweating what can i do to get this situation taken care of???? break the ac so it dont work at all???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Where are you and what is the temp outside? That could explain why its still hot inside your home. Mine is working fine, but with it being 110 outside, and feeling like 122 with humidity, the a/c just can't keep up. Its currently 80 in here.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• its 106 outside but it feels like my ac aint even on and it is it dont get cool in the house till 9pm and me running the ac from ten in the morn to 9 at night is really showing on my electric bill
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• check with you local tenants rights office.

Purposefully breaking the unit is immoral

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Check your windows to see if you have leaks and get some fans to help circulate the air, if you have ceiling fans run them all the time.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i have single pain windows so yeah they leak
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Get weather stripping or caulk them.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• ill have them do it i rent im not fixin crap here unless it comes out of rent
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• When I lived in an apartment in Florida our A/C ran all day long until night time when it finally caught up. It was set to 78 or somewhere around there but it would be 84 all day. Most likely there is nothing wrong with the A/C unit. The problem is apartments have crappy insulation and the windows leak. We also had no shade trees and the sun would shine down on the apartment from about 11 until sunset. Get a couple of fans. It will really help.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If you have central a/c and you live somewhere where the temperatures are high, then there's probably nothing wrong with the unit, it's just too hot. Central A/C can only lower the temperature inside your home 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature. So if it's 100 degrees outside, no matter what you set the thermostat on you won't get below 80. You can turn on fans to help circulate the air, but until it gets cooler outside it won't get cooler inside. Also go ahead and move your thermostat up to 80 or 82 because when you have it set low, your unit is trying to cool off more, but it isn't going to happen so all you are going to get is a big fat electric bill.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009