Need to ease my mind

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and I have genital herpes. I found out a month before I got pregnant I guess. I've been on Valtrex throughout the whole pregnancy, but have never had any symptoms. It was a shock when I found out I had it. My husband is who gave it to me, seeing as I found out 2 months after we were married. Anyway, has anyone had a successful vaginal delivery with this virus, or should I try to schedule a c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• so ur man cheated on u?
    Anonymous

• There are certain std's and other viruses that if delivered vaginally , could blind the baby , i'm not sure if that is one of them. The only way to be sure is to do the research and ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

• My former sister-in-law had that and she had three successful vaginal births. Speak with your doctor to make the right choice for you. Good luck
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I found out I had it with my second pregnancy. I took valtrex also. I had vaginal delivery with my second and third baby and everything was fine. Good luck!
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• OP- thanks for your answers. No my husband did not cheat on me. he was a manwhore before we were together and we never slept together until after our wedding. Thank you for being so helpful anon9:37. That was sweet. I really appreciate you taking time to give me an answer that would help me and not just piss me off.
    Anonymous

• When I thought I had it my dr said as long as I didn't have a breakout, I could deliver vaginally. But if you have a breakout you have to have a c-section bc it can blind the baby.
    Anonymous

• yeah thats what I was told too, but I've never had any symptoms of an outbreak. I went to l&d a few weeks ago and they thought i had a uti, but they werent sure. tests were inconclusive. lo and behold 2 days later DH gets an outbreak. I had no pain or symptoms at all. just vomiting and stomach cramps and trouble peeing. no pain or anything. I was shocked when i was diagnosed.

I'm talking to my dr about it at my next appointment because I am so anxious about it, as d-day is right around the corner.
    Anonymous

• usually the only time dr's won't let you is if you have a severe outbreak. just talk to your dr about it and let him know that you really want a vaginal birth and what could hold you back from that.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2009