What exactly is "Plankton" supposed to be? The little one eyed green dude on SpongeBob Squarepants...:)

I think he is so cute.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um, don't over think it. He's a plankton.
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I don't know the character, but I know that the word "Plankton" refers to plant life that floats on the surface of a body of water. Algae is a plankton species.

I think that's right... I am going back to my HS Earth Science studies here...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• He's supposed to be just what he is, a plankton.
    Anonymous

• Plankton - is just a drifting organism (of course that makes little sense since "Plankton" settled in Bikini Bottom). LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• yes, just a plankton! supposedly the secret ingredient in the crabby patties
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Plankton is plankton lol
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• lol i think he's cute too! i would totally date him! i think he needs a girlfriend. lol
    Anonymous

• LOL you must be watching Nick jr ehh my kids are lol

Anonymous

• "Plankton is the foundation of the ocean food web. The word plankton comes from the Greek word "planktos" which means drifting. "

http://www.nhptv.org/NATUREWORKS/nwep6d.htm

This site has a description of all sorts of different forms of plankton. (I guess it's not all plants like I originally though, but an assortment of living organisms that are found on the surface of the water).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009