Can/should i paint my nails?

I'm pregnant. Just wanted to see if it was ok.

You know, what with all the chemicals and such.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its fine i just did it loll
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes you can paint your nails =)
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yeah I did it all the time. I even got acrylic nails and didnt know u werent supposed to do all that until after. whoops. my baby turned out great :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Search google and you will see that it is actually a big NO NO.

You have to remember that anything you put on your body (including nails, face cleansers and moisturiser) in pregnancy is absorbed into your body and blood stream and has the potential to affect your child. It just depends what risk you want to take and how much research you want to do.

There are particular chemicals in nail polish which can cause defects in babies. Baby boy's genitals can bleed and all kinds of this Interestingly, this happened to my friend who painted while she was pregnant with her son. There are some safe ones. Zoya is one and they come in a wonderful range of colours.

People rave about Bio Oil but they don't realise that it has a particular ingredient which is not allowed in pregnancy. The manufacturers state on their website that while their product does contain this ingredient, the oil prevents it from ...
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• ...being absorbed into skin. So what use is the product at all. And how can that guarantee that it is not doing damage?

Good luck
    mummylovebaby