When can I expect my son to get his first tooth? He's already 8 mos!

My 8 month old son first started teething when he was 3 months. He'll have periods where he won't be hurting much at all and then wham! Scream fits and much pain for the little guy. When can I expect him to cut his first tooth? This has been going on for five months now. The doctor doesn't seemed concerned, but I sure am.

Shannashell

Asked by Shannashell at 9:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the same question! my daughter just got her first tooth this month and she is 10 months, but they are coming in very quickly! the dentist says the longer the teeth stay in the gums, the better! good luck. go ahead and buy a baby toothbrush and get him used to brushing his teeth!
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 10:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Could be any day and could be a month or two, they're all different. Baby tylenol should help him if he's in pain but it really is nothing to worry about. Look closely, you can usually see them under the gums... a little white line. the two front bottom teeth almost always come in first.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• my grandbaby girl is 91/2 mo no teeth yet
    AngelTari

Answer by AngelTari at 11:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Babies rarely start teething at 3 months. And if it were teething, it wouldn't take this long for one tooth. Teeth come at different times for everyone. It's nothing to rush or panic over. DD got her 1st at 8 months.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my LO got her first two at the same time a few days after she turned four months. Which means she was teething at three months, like alot of babies do. However her cousin didn't get his first tooth until he was 13 months old. all babies are different.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009