Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby and eating a million times better then I have in the past 2 years--why does it feel like I'm gaining weight more rapidly than before? (I look about 5 months)

mom2bee13

Asked by mom2bee13 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im gonna give u advice my doctor gave me and I didn't take- Woman subconsciencly eat WAY to much with there first pregnancy, its a way to make our bodies "show" were pregnant, when really were just eating to much, you can eat healthy and gain weight, simply buy eating to much- that's why more often than not, first time Mommy's come out of pregnancy 30, 40, even 60 lbs heaver... most doctors will only tell u to gain 20-25 lbs, I'm 34 weeks and I've gained 19 thus far. but my last pregnancy, MAN I was eating healthy, but I gained WAYYY to much weight and the whole time I was thinking I was showing- jokes on me!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I completely agree with the other post. Dead on!
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Thanks, I'm sure that's the case--Do you have any exercise or food suggestions?
    mom2bee13

Answer by mom2bee13 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Just cut down your eating- your not really eating for two- a woman should normally eat so many calories a day- when your pregnant u only need 300 extra calories added to that- other than that, drink a TON of water, its good for watching your weight, helps produce colostrum, and better for baby. Also go for a walk every night. just because its healthy doesn't mean u can eat a ton of it, just keep that in mind- U don't want to come out of pregnancy too big- if you ONLY gain baby weight you will loose almost all of your weight right after birth.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Also, make sure you are not carrying twins, sometimes they can miss a twin with the first few doctor visits!!
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 10:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• you're probably just bloated, i got pretty bloated that far along
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• honestly I dont really feel that I am eating that much, and I was going out drinking a good amount before I became pregnant, not that I'm proud, but thats a lot of calories I cut out. and saying i look 5 months, may be a bit of an exaggeration, but that's how I feel. Did your bloating ever go back down, or did you just maintain a belly the whole way through? No twins run on either side, it crossed my mind, but I dont really think there's a chance there.
    mom2bee13

Answer by mom2bee13 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2009