What would you do?

My daughter goes to therepy three times a week. There she gets breakfast and a snack. I got a note home the other day that I had to start introducing solids. Wtf???? She is 14 months old and has been on solids for quite some time. When she started going there dh asked them not to feed her any baby food. She isn't as mobile as she should be and has no need for the extra sodium or calories. She is in almost 5t clothes now and weighs as much as her almost 3 year old brothers. Anyways so I sent a note saying she has been on solid foods for awhile and please to stop the baby food. Then the last day she came home and in her journal it said she ate pureed waffles and applesauce. She eats waffles all the time and they are whole! I called the coordinator and nothing has happened!! What do I do?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why is she in therapy? Her age/weight concerns me, but as long as the doctor says that she's alright, I wont really stress on it. Maybe you can take her to the doctors and get their "approval" saying that she should be fed solids now and give it to the center. It will have to go on their record and they will have to abide by it, if not; maybe you can look into other centers...? or you can call/go to the center/therapist and tell them, just incase they never got the note...?
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• she's 14 months old and in 5t clothes? My eldest son was 4 years old before he was in 5t clothes.... and 14 months old she should be eating anything you are....
    Anonymous

• the doctor sent a note saying that she had no restrictions on food. they want her to see a nutrionist(sp) which I don't mind. my daughter has a chromosome disorder that causes low muscle tone so at 14 months old she doesn't even crawl. she has no way to work off calories. they got the note. the school sends home a notebook for every student and it goes in their backpack. that is how i know what she is fed and what sort of mood she was in etc...
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009