A boring potty training question, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

My little girl hasn't had any accidents today and has been doing very well. Would it be confusing if I put her in a diaper/pull up at night? Or do you think she would learn more quickly if I let her sleep without. Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No not confusing at all, little kids have small bladders that can NOT hold the pee as long as ours can.

When they have an accident at night its beyond their control it is purely a physical thing they can not control.

Most kids are potty trained during the day a LONGGGG time before they are nighttime trained....keep that pull up on her....an accident may make her feel bad and like a failure and backfire on you causing her to regress in the daytime potty success you have had. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Just in my opinion, I think that it might confuse her. I just got done potty training my 2 year old. I finally realized that as long as he was wearing a diaper or pull-up he was never going to get the full concept of making potty. Just remind her to use the potty before she goes to bed, ask her to wake you if she needs potty at night, and for the first few days wake her up to make potty immediately in the morning, before she wakes up on her own. It worked for me. And just to be safe, put a plastic trash bag underneath her (covered with a blanket so that it is not too uncomfortable). My son was already sleeping in a toddler bed with a mattress that is waterproof, so that helped. Good luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I don't think it will be. Kids that age can't hold there bladders as they sleep yet. So unless you want to be changing sheets in the middle of the night or early morning, use pull-ups. I did this for both of my girls, and I had them both potty trained months before they turned 2.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009