At what age do day cares expect kids to be potty trained?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Around 3, I think. My boys were in a great daycare at that age and they helped so much!! I'd look for a daycare that is willing to work with you on it and not expect it to be an overnight thing. It rarely is.
    Anonymous

• Yup around 3.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Personally, I think 3 is way too old. Who on Earth wants to be changing a 3 year old's diaper?! NOT ME!!! Both of my girls were completely potty trained before they turned 2. Except for pull-ups at night for awhile. My oldest was 20 months, and my youngest was 21 months. I figure, the sooner I have to stop buying diapers, the better!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• a daycare should be helping with the potty training. my nephew was 4 before he was potty trained and my other nephew who is 3 is finally pooping in the potty and changing that is so nasty lol. my son was about 2 1/2 and my daughter was only a little over 2 she was really easy.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ginger, most kids are NOT yet potty trained at 2.

Our daycare says you cannot go to the four year old room still in diapers. However, they start taking the kids in the toddler room (age 1-2) to the potty during the day to get them used to it and I think they really start working with the kids at age 2. I dont think any of the older three year olds at my son's daycare are not potty trained.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2009