Would you join a group like this?

I am thinking of starting a group where every month everyone donates $1 to a charity. Each month would be a new charity. I know a lot of people can't afford to donate but $1 could really add up. I would probably use Pay pal to collect the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well its hard to say people love to scam people and times are tough ( yes a dollar is not much but to think some one can get a killing off this ) I guess i would if you gave me the info on the place and I could pay them and post in the group when I did

Anonymous

• Yeah, ummm, sorry, I know it would be a nice thing, but unless i sent the money to the charity myself, no. It's not that I don't trust people, i just don't trust people online that much.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• So you would join if the $1 could go straight to the charity?
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first mom. i would probably feel more comfortable if the money went right to the charity, and then we posted when we donated. i would join the group. it would be cool if we could suggest a place to donate to, as well, like the local shelter or something. maybe a suggestion list could be started? that would be really great. i donate monthly to the aspca and humane society, but i know there are many other places that struggle with funding... what an awesome way to help them out. maybe you could even get cafemom involved somehow. let me know if you decide to start this group or not! i'd love to be a part and help!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It would be neat if everyone donated on their own to the charity - at least one dollar but up to any amount they choose. You could have people in the group nominate a charity and then create a poll and have people vote on which charity it will be that month. The person should provide donation information (where to send money) in their nomination.

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• beckcorc-we think alike :)
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Haha Kyriesmommy13! Great minds!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• no offense but how would we know YOU weren't the charity the money was going to?
    Anonymous

• Only if i knew exactly where it was going and if i could check out if its really going where it is said to go!! Maybe even send it to the charity myself!
    Anonymous

• It would be neat if everyone donated on their own to the charity - at least one dollar but up to any amount they choose. You could have people in the group nominate a charity and then create a poll and have people vote on which charity it will be that month. The person should provide donation information (where to send money) in their nomination ......................................................................................... ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    GREAT IDEA!
    Anonymous