Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So what's next? (Medicaid)

I was at the health dept. getting a TB skin test for work & ended up filling out a Plan 1st application for family planning services, but I got a letter in the mail saying that I'd been accepted for Medicaid. I didn't know that that's what I'd signed up for, but it's great b/c it's time for me to get my yearly exam & re-up on BC. Anywho, I got my card in the mail the other day. (At an old address-it's being forwarded.) So what do I do? Find a doctor that accepts Medicaid & make an appointment? How does this work?

Please no bashing. At least I'm taking control of my health & family planning. Thanks in advance!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • Call the health provider and ask them to mail you a copy of doctors, who take your health insurance, in your area. They will send it out, then you call around from the doctors one the list, and ask if they are accepting new patients.

    Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • yes, planned parenthhood, takes madicaid.

    Answer by stephania01 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • thats great I bet you were happy to get a lil help yeah just call around or look online they should have a list Good Luck


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • Yeah...that's great. I need the help and have it for my son. You can also call the number on the card and they will tell you what doctors take Medicaid. Also, I had it when I was pregnant and it covered dental, eye doctor....all that. I took advantage and went to the dentist and eye doctor while I was preggo since it ended 6 weeks after baby was born. Take advantage of all the help out there. Good luck.

    Answer by Jem0582 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • they normally don't forward those so you are a lucky woman. Health dept take medicaid. You can also call a dr referral service (phone book or call a hospital for the number) and ask for medicaid drs

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

  • Planned Parenthood does take the Forward card and medicaid. Medicaid is state insurance, call the number on your card and get a list of doctors in your area that take the insurance. It will also cover, dental and eye care too.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN