My pregnancy was unplanned I'm now 7 weeks pregnant...and what to know any tips on how to tell my family.

I'm very close with my mom, I tell her everything so this is killing me everytime i talk to her..it's just I'm nervous of causing an uproar in my family God for bid I miscarry. My Mom has had 2. And my boyfriend wants to wait since he's never met the rest of my family--

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How old are you?
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes, how old are you? How will this change your life?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would just come out with it. You're not 16, it's okay. If you plan on keeping the baby, there is nothing left to hide.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• it deff depends on how old u are on how to tell them.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• 24 well I will be moving back near my parents town..about 10 states away from where we currently live so pretty substantially...and we are both bartenders so finding new career paths is a must for both of us
    Anonymous

• 24? Okay so you need to figure out are you happy about this pregnancy, do you want this baby and then figure out how your going to handle it. Are you financially capable etc?? Once you know for sure you're happy and can deal with it then telling them should not be a big deal. I was 25 and single when I had my first child and my mom was with me when she was born. 24 is an adult, they really can't be upset with you provided you can support your family, have insurance etc...
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Well I'm taking my boyfriend up to meet my Dad and the rest of the family where we're planning on telling them in person, which i feel is appropriate. However, my mom has already met him, and we just have a different relationship, but I don't want her to feel like she is keeping anything from the rest of our "understanding" family
    Anonymous

• its not a must- I bartender, I agree that its not an ideal job, but it brings home money. I would think at 24 they would be very happy with the thought of a grandchild. I would wait until your past 12 weeks (your chances of miscarriage lowers to less than 2%) and one night at dinner make an announcement- what I did was send my ma a homemade card with a blue boy above a sonogram picture... on the envelope I wrote "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL YOU CALL ME" she called, I told her to open it, and she was SO happy...

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes I've wanted nothing more then to have a baby my whole life, I'm ecstatic, but extremely nervous. I definitely assumed that I would be a lot more settled in my life. While bartending has a provided both of us with a decent savings, insurance is a negative..i've applied for medicaid, waiting for approval, in the meantime I have been going to local doctors, taking prenatals, eating healthy...the basics.
    Anonymous

• I would tell your mom just to get it out of the way and see the reaction. If you have a good relationship with her and she sees that you are happy then she will be too. And there's nothing wrong with just saying that you don't feel comfortable with telling everyone else until after your first trimester but that you wanted to tell her because your close and you just couldn't NOT tell her... she'll feel even more special.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2009