Was I wrong? What would you have done in this situation?

Last night my SO woke up and was raging. He was kicking things and cussing. He finally told me that he was in a lot of pain. I heard from him this morning cause he sent an e-mail saying he was sorry for freaking out. I tried to call him tonight but he didn't answer, I was scared so I went down to his house and there was no answer. The window was open so I crawled in and found him upstairs waisted. He got mad at me for "breaking in" but I was scared something bad had happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It seems to me that you did as you should. I suppose legally you entered unlawfully, but it's not as if you were a stranger or had criminal intent.

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• why not just call the police and let them find out if he was ok?
    Anonymous

• He was waisted?
    Do you mean "wasted" ?
    Anyway,I guess if you were worried about his health or lack of it, its not wrong to go in and check it out. I don't think its wrong but then ,I don't know what the police think about these things and I have never had that happen to anyone I ever dated or to my husband.
    Anonymous

• Uh, why did he wake up in so much pain that it caused him to have such a fit in the middle of the night? Rather or not I would have crawled through a window would depend on how serious a relationship I was in with this person - knowing me I probably would have called to cops to go in - cuz I'd be too afraid of what I'd find. I can't say you were wrong, but I'm not prepared to say you were right either. If the guy referred to your entering as "breaking in" then obviously he perceives a wider gap in your relationship than you do. You may have broken a trust with him - but then again, he was the one flipping his lid and freaking out in pain THEN going on the lam (so to speak) - surely knowing that you'd be worried as hell. And that was not cool.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Yes, wasted is what I meant. I don't know what happened to him...I was so scared of him though. We had a couple beers last night, have sex and then went to bed. He has never done this before, he was out of control.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like your boyfriend has some issues. He's either bipolar/mood disorder (rages) or more likely, a very serious addiction (withdrawal can cause rages too). Either way he needs help now. Next time you fear for his safety or health, call the police. I know you don't want him getting in trouble, especially if he's engaging in drugs (wasted), but honestly, he's only going to get worse. And you're already afraid of him. As for sneaking in his window, he was pissed because you caught him, that's all that was. I doubt you would get in trouble legally, because HE would have to press charges against you, which he won't do, because he's doing drugs. (I assume it was drug since you said "wasted," not just "drunk"). Either way, very sweet of you to care for him. You did nothing wrong. :) Just please next time think of your own safety and call the police.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• to me alcohol is a drug and alcohol is what he is addicted to...no other drugs that I know about besides that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• NO! you didn't do anything wrong! I mean he is your s/o and you were worried about him. He's an asshole to be mad and to say that you broke in his house. IMMATURE
    funmommy123

Answer by funmommy123 at 2:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009