Is anyone else noticing this trend??

So, a few months ago, I went to buy Ramen noodles and paid 13 cents a pack. Today, I paid 19 cents a pack. A few months ago, milk was 3.49 a gallon, today I paid almost 4 dollars. Am I nuts or have prices really just been slowly rising consistently lately? Maybe I just never noticed before, but the rate has got to be increasing for it to be this big of a difference in this short amount of time.

Petie

Asked by Petie at 10:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hubby says you can always tell the state of the economy by ramen noodles. Lol. It's all good when they're 10 cents a pack. Then you worry when they're over 15 cents.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It's been going on for a while. Different areas see different things go up. Around here, I can still get milk for $2/gal or less, but broccoli and tomatoes are ridiculous.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Milk is getting pretty cheap here In SoCAL. I have noticed that Cup of Noodles now give less in the package. :-( I love my sodium soup. lol.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I know...the price of certain food items seems to be rising again. The prices seem to follow along with gas prices. Now that gas prices are going up for the summer, so do food prices. At least that's how it seems. The only thing here that is still about the same is the price of bread and eggs.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• When it comes to prices rising they are directly affected by gas prices but when gas prices go down usually the food prices don't go back down or at least they don't go back to where they were.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Groceries are noticeably lower than they were last summer. Things go up and down in price all the time, I can get milk for $2 a gal or so. Of course, things will steadily go up in price as a general rule, over time. I am noticing prices more now that I am broke, I'm sure it's the same with many people.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• raman noodles are 100% better if you drop an egg in them. Milk is way down and dairy farmers are losing their butts right now. We have several dairy farms around here and they are hurting bad with the low cost of milk and the high cost of feeding cattle.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Not just prices going up, but sizes going down. Have you noticed the smaller boxes, lighter weights and higher prices on less. And if Obama taxes the higher income folks, all the prices of all the products they produce will go up to compensate. They are going to pass it on to us, so don't think the new taxes won't affect you, just cuz you make less that $350,000. We are getting change, alright. The prices are changing everyday...
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 11:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Ramens are on the rise here, too.

::Shudders at concept of egg in Ramens:: I can't do eggs. I microwave my noodles in water, drain off the water, and add a little soy sauce. Or I just eat them "raw" using a little of the Oriental seasoning packet for flavor.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Roachiesmom, that's what I used to do when I was in grade school for a snack!! I loved the "raw" noodles with the season packet!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009