I shower daily and use antibacterial soap and deodorant. why does one of my underarms still stink after awhile?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

• It could be the deodorant that you are using.

Try Mitchum (supposibly you can skip aday) I never did...but it's good and it works so does Degree.

Sometimes you just have to try different brands to see which one works for you. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I heard deodorant doesn't work well right when you get out of the shower. You have to dry completely. I heard you should put it on before bed. It absorbs better on completely dry skin.
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• try using alcohol under your arms first. My dr also says NOT to use antibacterial soap. It kills good bacteria.
    Anonymous

• Stop using the antibacterial stuff. If you use it too much your body is unable to fight off bacteria on it's own. Try a stronger deodarant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• could be your diet, if you're eating lots of garlic, caffeine...etc. and just use regular soap and deoderant!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I would probably speak to a dermatologist about it.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2009