What do you do when you have a fall out with your only friend?

Ok, I know this isn't about a romantic relationship.. but I need help. My best friend and I recently had a HUGE argument over a computer I let her borrow for a few months until my fiance came back on leave from deployment in Korea. She has been so hostile since I asked her for it, displaying everything I've ever told her in confidence and claiming I was bugging her too much at work. She refuses to give me my laptop back, which we have original receipts for and everything. I don't want to have to take her to court, but I don't know what else to do. She was the only person I've ever trusted with anything. I've never known her to act this way.. and I don't want to lose my best friend! But the things she has said to me and about me and my child recently are unacceptable. I have such a hard time socializing with people because of things that happened like this in my past. Please give me some advice.. I need help.

Rainys_Mommy

Asked by Rainys_Mommy at 11:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• All I can say is, I know what it's like to not have alot of friends, especially because people are so petty. But I see it this way, the laptop is yours, it costs money, she won't give it back after u were kind enough to let her use it (especially assuming she knows she was just borrowing), a real friend wouldnt do that to u, because that is stealing. Try to get it back as best u can without going to court, but keep in mind that the friendship is already trashed, so anything goes. If she still doesnt give it back after u physically go into her house and try to take it (assuming she lets u in, and u could probably get a police escort if she wont), then I suppose court is the way to go.
    We could be friends, and I promise I wont steal from u! :D
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• That's real sad but all i can say is take her to court. She's no friend for stealing. good luck!
    ilovemel

Answer by ilovemel at 12:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009