Does "Activia" really work? (You know the commercial with Jaime Lee Curtis)

It is suppose to get your digestion in order with in 2wks. Has anyone tried this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it works. Trouble is that you get tired of eating yogurt every single day (at least I did). But, yes, I tried it - stayed on it about 6 weeks - my stomach felt a lot better, BMs were more regular and normal, stomach upset and gas were at a minimum. But I also took over the counter medicine for IBS, changed my diet and drank more water. So, I wouldn't suggest relying solely on it - but I would certainly suggest adding it to a modified diet for a few weeks. Then maintaining with at least a 3x a week yogurt.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I like kefir. It has a lot more probiotics than yogurt and it is really easy to drink. Also buttermilk has the good bacteria that is great for the tummy.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• what is it supposed to do? if you drink plenty of water and eat a diet filled with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes, you should not have any digestive issues

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009