How often do you change shampoo's?

I mean say you are using Pantene for a long time and try something else like Tresemme then another brand and so on, Is it ok to stay with the same shampoo for a long long long time? Or should you alternate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think it really matters, but I like to alternate. I use Nioxin until it's gone and then I switch to bed head or whatever else is on sale.
    Anonymous

• Some people say that your hair will "get used" to a shampoo and it wont be as effective.
    I use one kind and buy a different kind when it runs out.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• your hair will not 'get used to a shampoo' and not be effective. your hair-needs may change, and your 'same-old' shampoo may not do the job...as in, seasonal dryness/oilyness, chemical treatments/hot tool-use, etc.
    change when you want to..just make sure your using the correct type shampoo for your hair.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It doesn't really matter. If you love a shampoo and never switch up that is fine. I like to switch scents from time to time but stay with the same brand.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2009