During pregnancy, your face looks radiant, smooth, and you look as if you're glowing. How could I get that same look again? How can I get my hair to be as healthier as well?

I'm a 21 year old single mother of 7 month old Madison. I've been dealing with lots of stress and I am very tense.....

Ariami03

Asked by Ariami03 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The smooth skin, the glow, the fast growing healthy hair are a result of rapid cell growth that everyone experiences while pregnant. The hair loss afterwards is a result of the body returning to normal - all the hair that would have normally fallen out during those months races to "catch up" to it's normal schedule. The loss of skin tone is from all the nutrients lost during pregnancy and the stress of pregnancy, delivery, and having a baby/young child.

Vitamins can help but if you are eating a decent diet, they are actually more likely to hurt. Too many of some vitamins is more harmful than too few. Eat well, get rest (hah!), do things to minimize your stress (yoga, meditation, keep a jourmal, etc).
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• It took me about 2 years to get my hair back to normal...mine started falling out a few months after my kids were born, it got very thin and brittle.

Anonymous

• Continue taking your prenatal vitamins (Flintstones work too)
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009