Is it true?

Is it true that you "know" when you are coming close to going into labor? Like do you just get a hunch that its coming on? I'm a little worried because when I go back to school I will be 35 weeks and I'm gonna try and keep going until I absolutely can't anymore. I'm scared I will go into labor at school though, my mom says I will know when it's coming so I can just stay home when I feel it coming on...is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never felt labor coming on until i started to have contractions
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Im not sure that you'll "know" when it's coming as you get lots of contractions that are Braxton Hicks and for a first time mom those can be confusing. You will however mostly likely "know" when it has started for real. If you're in school or class it's not a big deal... labor isn't always like in the movies where your water will break and then you're in labor cuz I'd have to think that that is what you're worried about.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I didn't know with mine. It just happened. No warning.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I didn't have a clue!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I had no clue, infact I was suprised as hell it came on so fast it was scarry-
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I didn't know, but it never came so that would make sense. I was induced.
    Anonymous

• im worried about that to! my due date is 1 1/2 weeks after finals an im scared ill go into labor during finals. i dont understand how you "know" your in labor if youve never been through it before.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You'll "know" because you'll have experienced braxton hicks... the real contractions are much worse so when you finally get one it's like whoa.. okay, time to go. WHy are you scared to go into labor during school?
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• i didnt know when i was going to go into labor but i went to school on a friday and went into labor that night! so i think you'll be just fine!
    Anonymous

• I don't think you should be nervous about going into labor @ school. As you are a first time mom I think it will be hard for you to "know", but if you're in a class full of "adults" (I use the term loosely) and your water breaks they should be helpful and supportive. It's not anything to be embarressed by. Good luck!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 12:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009