How can I clear this up completely???

I am having allergies it has been one week now but now I am feeling alot of congestion behind my nose area/throat. I feel like alot of phelm and can't seem to get it out even if I blow my nose or try to gag it out. (sorry tmi) and the little bit that does come out is ok I just want it gone completely.

When I swallow it seems like I still have that stuff there it pisses me off that I can not clear it and when I try to talk it sounds like I have a frog in my throat my dh makes fun of me. No matter how much I try to clear it it won't...HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Health

• Zyrtec-D works wonders for allergies!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Good ole Mucinex is great - and then there is the netti (or netty) pot (if you can stand it). I put my son on the Neti Pot and his allergies got a lot better within 24 hours - now he uses it twice a week for maintenance because he suffers allergies year-round.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Its good to use Mucinex and Zyrtec-D, but have you consider using a Warm Steam Vaporizer? I think it'll really help you. My daughter was suffering from congestion and I was told to use the Warm steam vaporizer. I also had some congestion problems as well. I used it along with the Vick's steam fluid all night and IT WORKED WONDERS. Although my entire house smelled like Vick's steam vaporizer. I recommend it and it'll help you sleep well too!
    Ariami03

Answer by Ariami03 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Saline nose spray can help too. But instead of just spraying it in your nose, lean back and let it flow up your nose to irrigate your sinuses (some will run down your throat as well) and then lean back forward let it drain back out. Do that a couple times a day and that can help thin out the mucus.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2009