Christians, Did you go to Church today? What was service about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was so hungover I fell asleep half way through so I cant tell ya.
    Anonymous

• I went. It was about justification.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• I went, I'm Catholic, and it was Good Shepard's day, the day of honoring all priests, and men in the image of Jesus. Pretty nice actually, my particular priest never takes a day off (Jesus and the Apostles tried to take a holiday and when they got to the place they were going to rest, people were there waiting to be taught, so Jesus and the Apostles never got their time off) Right now his mother is fatally ill and is going to expire anyday. He's having a really hard time with this as anyone would, so he actually did take the day off today, but he's always running.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes, it was about putting sin into perspective with the forgiveness and salvation that Jesus offers. Too often are groups of Christians so focused on how sin drags us down and what horrible sinners we are. We see in the story of the woman who was hemorrhaging, how we should be addressing our sins before God. The woman was considered unclean due to her condition and yet she broke the laws to come see and touch Jesus. She said "if only I could touch but the hem of his cloak, I might be saved."  When noticing he was touched and finding her, he made her whole and let her know it was her faith that had saved her. The pastor's point is: what is your "hemorrhage" and does wallowing in it keep you from reaching out and touching the cloak of Jesus?

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I know I'm a day late. But our pastor has been doing a series in Laviticus on the practical application of the law today. I know that most Christians see the law as something old and useless but we have been looking at how practical it really was and how we can take the law into today's world. For example, the Jews were told not to harvest the corners of their field or to pick up fruit that fell during harvest. This was to be left for the poor. They could work and have both food and dignity. With todays economy and the millions who need public assistance couldn't we as Christans do more to help? If we stopped fighting over denominations and issues that divide us? If we truly focused on the dignity of the individual?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009