Has anyone let their kids see Transformers 2?

I was told it wasn't for kids. I have not been able to see it yet. Is it that bad?

cakestylist

Asked by cakestylist at 11:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Its very violent and there is cursing. I think the rating for it is accurate.
    "Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, language, some crude and sexual material, and brief drug material."
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• The twin robots actually used the word pussy if that tells you anything. I prescreened it and thank God I didn't take my four year old like a lot of my friends had!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's that bad but it honestly would be hard for kids to understand My eight year old niece and ten year old nephew saw it and they liked it so .. who knows!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I took my kids to go see it, they are 9 & 10 and they loved it. Yes it has some bad language but we allow our kids to watch some rated R movies.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It depends on your standards for movie watching. Some people let their 2 year olds watch the Dark Knight which I wouldn't have allowed either. I think Transformers 2 isn't kid friendly more for the crude humor and language than the violence. There were also some scenes that were a little too sex related for kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The mom ate a bag of weed brownies! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The first scene was ass. There were several cuss words, including pussy and some phrase that included the word bitch, but I don't remember the phrase, and a steamy scene where... don't continue to read if you don't want to know some of the plot... a girl turned into a robot while making out and attacked the guy with her robot tongue. Now, I thought it was a great movie, but ecstatic I didn't bring my 6 year old. He loves the first one and I was hoping he could see this one... but I think he will need to wait a few years. I guess everyone parents differently, but if you are concerned, I would just wait.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i know alot of people who did take their kids, but as for me, i follow the ratings, and their is no way in hell i would let my 4 year old watch that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Not yet but we are waiting for it to come out on DVD. My oldest loves the first and is wanting to see it but he wants to own it instead of seeing it once he says.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thank you for the heads up. Sorry kids but mama is watching this one without ya. lol
    cakestylist

Answer by cakestylist at 3:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2009