Call from God on your cellphone

I forgot to turn off my cellphone today during church. Honest mistake, I have had a cell phone for 10 years this is the first time I forgot.

Have you ever forgot to turn your phone off?

Has your phone ever rang in church?

Has another person's phone rang in church? If so did you smile and ignore it or did you think how rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol
    my stepmoms phone rang in church this morning actually.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• This old church that i use to go to the pasters phone would always ring and he never turned it off why he was preaching he would always give it to his wife and she would give it back to him.. I thought it was a little rude but he should know better LOL I dont go to that church anymore..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• LOL when I first saw this I was like OMG..but no this has never happened to me(knock on wood) I'm very cautious and usually always have my phone on vibrate anyway.I don't think I would judge somebody for this happening to them, it happens, not a big deal.
    Anonymous

• I get very few phone calls, most of the people who know me know that I am in church at a certain time. So I haven't had a problem. I put mine on vibrate just in case. I wouldn't be upset if a person's phone rang but if they decided to take the call and talk during church that would bug me.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• someone took a phone call during Harry Potter last Wed. THAT MADE ME MAD
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 12:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I leave mne on because my one son has seizures and DH and th ekids do not always go with me. SO if he has one during church I have to leave asap. It is so important for me to leave it one. No one minds because everyine knows why.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I just don't take my phone in with me. I don't need it during Mass so why take it. I can certainly understand if you have a child with medical issues why a person would bring their phone in church, but I don't see why anyone else would need to. I have seen a couple of doctors that were on call get a call and go outside to take the call, but I think it's rude to even take your phone if you absolutely don't have to. Of course, I also think it's rude to take calls at movies and to text people all though a movie... why even go if you're not going to watch it? It's so distracting. Ok I'm done with my rant... sorry.

Anonymous