New pastor/priest/deacon

We got a new pastor today and I am having a hard time warming up to him. Moms that have been part of a church for a long time, how do you adjust to a new preacher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would make sure he is preaching the word of God and that you feel right in your spirit about him..Talk to him you and hubby and get to know him but like i said most of all make sure he is preaching what the bible says :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• You imagine what they are going through. Realize how lonely they might feel, how out of place, and possibly unwanted. They might be missing their old parish. Some priests even come from a different country, continent, and definitely from a different culture. It can't always be easy for them. So welcome him with an open heart. I promise you that he will not ever forget you if you do :).
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Well our denomination doesn't select a pastor for us. We pick them. So I would know in advance and have a chance to express my concerns. First pray for him and about the situation. Then give it some time, if possible get to know him and his family and then see how you are led.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• We change bishops every 5 years (it's a calling from amongst the members of the congregation).

Anyway, I'm glad for the regular changes, but I understand that awkward feeling when they're new.

Well you can pray to love them, or at least to know that they're inspired in their preaching, or you can just be patient and let time make you more comfortable.
    Anonymous