Inspirational verse? (Christians)

When you are feeling lonely is there a verse that helps you feel better about yourself/life/choices?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes and i always tell others this verse when there feeling down as well
    Trust in the LORD and do good;
    Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
    Delight yourself in the LORD;
    And He will give you the desires of your heart.
    Commit your way to the LORD,
    Trust also in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:3-5
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• "Who else has held the oceans in his hand? Who has measured off the heavens with his fingers? Who else knows the weight of the earth or has weighed out the mountains and the hills?" Isaiah 40:12

""To whom then will you liken Me, Or [to whom] shall I be equal?" says the Holy One. Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to [those who have] no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew [their] strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:25-31
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take care of me. (Psalm 27:10)

God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble. ( Psalm 46:1)

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• This one always helps me when I'm down:

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• isaiah 42-6
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hebrews 13: 5b, "for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 1:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009