Should I be worried?

The only reason I am worried is because there is a bruise. Today I was riding in the car with a friend and her two mixed pit bull breed dogs. Well, they didn't like that I was taking "their" front seat and kept trying to climb over the back seat and onto my lap. I am 27 weeks pregnant. One of the dogs, who I imagine is about 65-75 lbs, put his paw right on my belly as he tried to make a leap for my seat. I grabbed his paw and pulled him off, it didn't hurt when he did it so I don't think he put all of his weight on me. Anywho, it just left a scratch. But when I got home a few hours later and checked it there is quite a large bruise where he stepped. Probably the size of a jumbo sized egg. I see my doc on thursday but do you think I should call today and see if I should come in asap? Anyone else have a bruised belly during pregnancy?

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if ur not having cramping, or contractions and the baby is moving it should be fine-
    tell ur doc when u see her, but if you should have any of the above things happen call the doc right away-
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would call your Dr. to be same then sorry
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have felt her move since then. But I have a lot of braxton hicks every day. Usually 10-20 now. But it's been like that for a few weeks. I'm a high risk for preterm labor. Some of them hurt bad enough that I crouch until they're done. And a few mornings ago I had 8 of those painful ones in 45 minutes (something else I need to talk to her about at my appt)
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well seeing as ur highrisk I woudl just call and mention it, but chances are they will either say go to the hospital and do a millions tests or tell u not to worry if u can feel her move and have no cramping, its 50/50 never hurts to call thou
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It wouldn't hurt to call your doc to find out. They'll probably say though that as long as you can still feel the baby, and you're not bleeding or anything, you're fine, but it's better to be safe than sorry, especially when it's your child.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Just call the nurses line tomorrow morning and they'll call you back and tell you what to do :-).. i have an apt Thursday too!! what time is yours? are you going to madigan?
    mfuentes24

Answer by mfuentes24 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2009