Is it normal for babies legs to be curved when they are born?

MY sons legs from the knee to the ankle seem really curced to me, my fiance mentioned it too, they just aren't straight. The doctor didn't mention anything when we left the hospital, I'm just concerned.

SilverAiss

Asked by SilverAiss at 12:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was like that the doc said he is fine he is now almost 4yrs old and his legs are straight they are just like that cuz they are in are bellie in a ball but do mention it to the doc just so u are reassured
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think its normal because my daughters were and still a bit are like that. Like PP said, they are curled up into a ball in the uterus, so i think it's from that. And im sure if it was a concern, they would've mentioned it to you before you left the hospital.

But mention it to the doc the next time you take baby just to put your mind at ease. Hearing things from a doctor relaxes me more even when other people have said the same thing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes it's very normal due to the position they are in inside the uterus.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my son looked like he had bow legs. It looks better now.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2009