adult acne

As a teenager, I never had a big problem with break outs. Now (I'm 24) it seems like I never have clear skin. I have a regular routine that I stick to (sometimes things happen and I dont wash before bed). I have tried proactive, expensive arbonne brand, and a bunch of others, I even tried soap that was made out of my friends home with "french clay". I am getting scars and my cheeks always always look rough, I like to think I'm a pretty girl but this makes me feel so ugly! Does anyone have any advice?

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 12:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Youre a pretty girl! Don't feel ugly. This happens to a lot of us after we have kids. Its usually caused by hormones. Same thing happened to me. I sell Avon and they have a kit called Avon Clearskin Professionals. I've had really good luck with it. Another thing that helps is using a makeup remover instead of just washing with soap. I didn't use a makeup remover until I was 24 and I really did notice a big difference in my skin after I started using one. The Avon one I use is just a 1.99. If you'd like to try them go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and use coupon code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• are you currently taking any kind of birth control? I know that sometimes the hormones can wreak havoc or help your acne, it seems to me that you might need to consult a dermatologist. You can only do so much with over the counter stuff before your skin becomes permantly damaged. I went through a stretch for a while where I was getting really horrible acne, turned out that once I stopped sleeping naked and slept in t-shirts instead that I stopped breaking out. my arms or shoulders would be against my face and caused blockages in my pores.
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 3:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have the paraguard IUD, it has no hormones.. I will try the make up remover, thanks so much! I'll start the t-shirt thing too. Thanks girls!
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 2:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2009