Does anyone know about taking a 5 yr old to see a psyciatrist??

My son cries non-stop over everything i mean EVERYTHING. It's not b/c he's spoilt i mean i baby him when he falls or sumthing but heck he's gotten his face bitten off by a dog b4 it took 800 stitches and now i'm protective, but idk what to do about him i just need someone to talk to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• Maybe it would help if you took him, but he could just be going thru a stage too. Has he had any abuse or trama in his life? I'm mean other than a vicious dog attacking him? If you feel that's what's best than do it. But, it's been my experience that shrinks have started to diagnos problems such as bi polar or depression way too early when they don't know the effects of the medicines those illnesses include. Use your best judgement.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Maybe the traumatic experience of the dog bite triggered something psychological in him. Just a guess.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My sister had to see a social work for her daughter, she was 4 at the time it started with the crying all the time and then she was starting to be abusive towards her sibilings. It turned out that she has a sensory issue, where her senses are off balance.
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• post traumatic stress would be my guess. Yes I'd take him and I think it's an excellent idea.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2009