Does anyone else's child do this...?

My son likes to ask me some crazy questions such as: "If you were walking and you saw a hen lay a golden egg what would you do?" lol. I don't know why, but these questions make me feel as if I am going to lose my mind. Aah, does your kid do this? How do you deal with it?

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• i know how you feel my son does that all the time. when it gets to be too much i start asking him silly questions and he stops.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 12:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Drives me crazy too.. its what they are supposed to do, I just change the subject
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 12:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• he dosn't ask me questions like that but he never stops asking questions from the minute he opens his eyes and don't stop till he goes to bed, so I know what you mean by loosing your mind lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My stepson does this. Not so much weird questions, but non-stop questions from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to sleep, && some of them are things that I don't even know how or why he thinks them up && some are completely none of his business....lol. For example, he wants to know how much EVERYTHING costs, even bills. Completely agree with the loosing your mind feeling. Sometimes I'm just like, "please stop talking for just 10 minutes." lol
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yup, I almost wrecked the other day because he wouldn't stop. I try not to ignore him, but I think that some of these questions make me use a part of my brain that I haven't used in a while. Not something to be proud of, lol.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my son is only two, so he doesnt ask anything too crazy yet. but he always wants to know the color of something "mommy what color is this car?" "mommy what color is this orange?" he knows his colors cause if I say I dont know what color is it? he will tell me. But sometimes it gets pretty annoying.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• What's really good is when they come up with their own little facts or insults like my cousin's 10 year old said "Did you know that if you are going down a hill in a bus and you stop, your heart will bust through your chest and you will die?" "If you sit backwards on a bus for 10 minutes your head will explode."

Or lol my cousin's four year old's insult "Poop on a shingle underwear model"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009