labor

how long did it take from the contractions just being unpleasant to actual painfull???

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 12:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine weren't painful. they were just like cramps. i was laughing through them and when it came time to push, that was like a relief. i know i had it pretty good. but, throughout the pregnancy, i wasn't afraid of labor and didn't think of contractions as the worse pain in the world, which most women do. i think it's mind over body.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think it varies with labor to labor (including your own) but for me, mine became painful in active labor when I was dilated to about 6
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Mine were really tolerable up until between 6 and 7 cm. After that they were pretty painful, and I wanted the narcotics, but didn't get them because by the time I was ready to insist on them I no longer had the ability to talk. And then 10 minutes later I was pushing and it didn't hurt at all any more :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm not sure how dialated I was but it was about 2.5 hours or so after the doctor broke my water that I was asking for the epidural....lol.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well, don't hate me, but I couldn't even feel mine with the first child. The ONLY pain I had was delivery. The nurses were shocked. The only way I knew I had a contraction was when the nurses told me I was, based on the readings on the fetal monitor.

With my next to kids, I had mild contractions for about 50 minutes before birth and that was it.

I know, I know. I was SO lucky.

I truly wish ALL you expectant moms have easy labor and deliveries like mine. Good luck.

(I wrote out my childbirth stories on my CM journal if anyone wants to see them. They are a ways back though so you would have to go back into the older posts.)
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 12:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• thank you so much! they allways tell me I will be coming into the hopspital with bending over pain. I woke up this morning after measuring last night with what felt like menstrual pains! I will be watching some more for a wile and if it gets worse or they get closer together then I will be going to the hospital!
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 10:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009