Have your toddlers had caps on their teeth?

My DS (3 yrs old) is going in tomorrow to get caps put on his top front 4 teeth, and all 8 of his molars. Im basically wondering what to expect how he is going to react afterwards. Im assuming a little tender, but not sure how long that lasts. He doesnt have any caveties or anything, jsut the caps put on since his teeth dont have any enamel on them (they came in that way). thanks!

23wkrmommy

Asked by 23wkrmommy at 12:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• yes. My 3 year old daughter had four in the front capped just a few weeks ago. I was so stressed out the day before but it ended up being a breeze for her. We had it done at Children's Hospital so they were really kid friendly (brought her crayons and a coloring book). They knocked her out with nitrous before they even put the IV in. The hardest part is not getting to go back with your kid. My daughter is really stranger friendly so she went right on back with the nurses. It took about an hour maybe a little more. She was pretty upset when they brought her back to the room to us but it didn't last long. She was still groggy from the anesthesia for a while. We had to be at the hospital @ 6:30, we were home by 10, and she was jumping around the house like normal by lunch time that day. It's probably not going to be anywhere near as bad as you think it will. Good Luck though!
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 1:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009