Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

This is my first child and I've always had abnormal periods. I gave birth to Madison in December. I didn't get a period until March. Ever since then, its been extremely heavy. I skipped April's cycle. I got another in the last week of May and it is still ongoing and heavy until this day. I went to the doctor because I thought that it was my birth control. I had my Paragard removed and then I was told to try Ortho-Tricyclen. That made me sick as a dog, so I ended up using the NuvaRing a few days later. My cycle slowed down and it has picked back up again. I was prescribed iron pills and I honestly don't know what to do.

Ariami03

Asked by Ariami03 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• So are you saying you've had a heavy period since May? That's not right. Do take the iron pills and you may need to switch around birth control options but even w/ the periods before baby, were they ongoing for so long?

I definitely got much heavier periods after my second child, so much so, I developed endometriosis and had an ablation. You need to be vigilant about this and keep bugging your doctor if it doesn't abate and improve with a different birth control. They will probably have a hard time remembering so you should keep notes or something on what is going on and for how long. I wouldn't be alarmed but I'd stay on top of it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• could be uterine fibroids

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009