Looking for sleep advice for my recently hospitalized toddler...

I have a two year old who was recently hospitalized. Prior to that, he had always slept in his own bed. After coming home from a 3 day hospital stay, he doesn't want to sleep alone anymore. I never left his side while in the hospital but the situation is still traumatic for a toddler in the sense that he was in different "scary" surroundings, being awakened frequently for vitals, didn't feel well, etc. I am not so much concerned because I can understand why he may suddenly be frightened and we are working through it alright, but I am just wondering if anyone has any additional tips or advice or has been in a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd was never hospitalized but she had serious issues with sleeping She has night terrors. The best things I found are a bath in night time bath, A vaporizer with lavender oil, a nice book and some tlc. He should be back to normal soon, however sometimes at such a young age they become tramatize and need special care. Oh ya and some warm milk before bed. Good Luck I'm sorry I hope he is better.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Having kids who are waaaaaay older than that I remember that we had a toy battery operated video play that played swirling pictures bought with it from its' top that played on the celing. Thinking to now inthis day, maybe spoil him with a movie in your family room til he sleeps and then his bed? Or a couple of new special nigh nigh toys getting one every couple of nights that have mommy kissies all over them and her smell too? Maybe sleep walk around with the new lovie hugables under your shirt to get your smell into them reall good. Hope baby continues to feel better. You too mommy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2009