cant find the right shade of foundation

my skin if pale but has yellow tint in it. all the makeup i buy makes my face skin look diffrent than all my other skin. all the foundation has pink tones in it or is just white like pale white.. im not sure what to do? any ideas? i need make up with no pink in it maybe with yellow or something. do they even make it
and also i know darker shades have yellow tints but they are not even close to my skin

de_sly

Asked by de_sly at 1:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a dept store or a mac counter and have them match you. You dont have to buy anything.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I agree with above.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Go to Macy's or Dillards some place where they have beauty consultants. I think they will even apply make up to your face for you and the PP's are right, its free. I usually will buy something small in appreciation of their time. But the consultant will write down the colors they think will work for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Try L'oreal mineral makeup. You can match using the guide in-store. They're inexpensive (about $14.00/each). I have sometimes purchased two at a time and mixed my own color. It offers great coverage and has an SPF of 17 as well. Try it!
    DesignGirl5

Answer by DesignGirl5 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Dept stores are definately the way to go if you're prepared to spend a little more for a product you'll love. The consultations are free but if you love the product why not buy it?? Steer clear from European brands, those contain a lot of pink understones. Why not try Prescriptives, they custom blend.
    businmessmom

Answer by businmessmom at 11:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2009