where do you feed your child?

meaning where does your child sit when they eat? a highchair? table? just running around and picking at their food?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My D is 2 so she still sits in her high chair at every meal at the table. I do give her snacks that don't get messy out of the high chair but she has a little table and chairs in her room so she is told to eat them there!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• thank god! haha i still put my son in his high chair too.. i was afraid everyone would be like WHAT?! YOUR 2 YR OLD IS STILL IN A HIGH CHAIR?!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• oh wait, is 2 too old to sit in a high chair, my son is almost 2 and he still sits in it, i'm so out of it, lol.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My son is 2 1/2 and he loves his high chair. There's nothing wrong with it at all. When we don't have a high chair, he does just fine at a regular table and doesn't even need a booster, so it's not like using the high chair is hurting anything. It's easy and he's used to it.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 2:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ummm.. i guess I'm the odd one! my dd is 20 months and LOVES her booster seat! But we also eat at the coffee table which leaves her running around and leaving messes everywhere. She also doesn't eat as much so I need to put her in the booster more often! I just hate how I give her HER food and she puts it on MY plate and tells me to eat it!!! LOL She wouldn't stay in her high chair after 13 months and climbed on the tray or screamed when I put the tray on (it slide and scared her every time).
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my girls always ate in their highchairs at the table for meals, but did have snacks on the run through the day.

we moved onto a booster seat from the high chair pretty quick though - high chair took too much room
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• In the highchair for meals and running around for snacks.
    StefMc07

Answer by StefMc07 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my dd sits in a regular chair at the table, she's 3 :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My 2 year old is in the high chair. Sometimes for snacks i'll put her in her booster chair on the floor near the tv so I don't have to stay in the kitchen with her or I'll leave the snack on the coffee table. but meals are always sit down since I use a regular cup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My 12 month old sits at her highchair for almost all of her meals/snacks. For her after-dinner snack, she eats in the livingroom. I usually put a little something in a bowl on the carpet, and she eats there.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2009