Is he supposed to be up by my rib cage at 23 weeks?

I am 23 weeks pregnant and my little man is kicking my ribs. Is this normal? I have a "week by week pregnancy book" and it says he is only supposed to be like 2 inches above my belly button.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh my goodness we are going through the same thing im 23 weeks also and my daughter kicks at my ribs and at times doesn't move from that spot at all. Its extremely uncomfy to sit too straight.for too long when she has her foot or something there... she has completely taken over...lol
    DesignDiva21

Answer by DesignDiva21 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my 4th daughter I had the worst rib pain all the time. When she was born (via c-section) the dr. pulled her out, she and all the nurses all commented how she was in there with her legs straight up as opposed to curled LOL so yes it can happen.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• yeah ur book could very well be wrong, my boys(this and my last baby) were up in my ribs at this time, but my uterus is bigger from soo much fluid in there..i cant remeber how to spell it but anways are ur fluid levels normal? its nothing to worry about hunny
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It really helps to lay on your back with your arms stretched straight above your head (not up in the air LOL) it eases the pain
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• my middle dd loved hanging out up in my ribs - when she dropped it felt so much better.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009