do you go against the grain just to go against the grain?

i know this is human nature, but it started in 6th grade when the Harry Potter series came out, it became so popular i decided i was 'too good' to read it. then there was the hype about 'The Notebook' so i decided that i didn't want to watch it because it was 'sooo popular' and now its Twilight! i decided that Twilight is too 'asinine' for me (although i was a HUUUUUGE Buffy Fan... LOVED THAT SHOW!)

i know trying to be different is human nature but am i the only one who does it to this extent? maybe to go against the grain of me going against the grain i should watch/read them just to go against my grain ;]

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 2:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually genuinely think the grain is stupid. Lol. But I think if I looked hard enough, I could see myself doing it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have never really been into "hypes" as I call them. My son is just like me. Now granted we have our moments but never to an extreme. If I like something, I like it and if I don't I don't. I have no opinion on Twilight because frankly I get bored reading a menu. I tried reading this summer and I just can't. My son is into his own thing. Everyone is into Myspace he is more into Military stuff. I don't do it on purpose. I never knew the Notebook was a big hype. I had never even heard of it lol!. I rented it, loved it and bought it for my dad after he died. She watches it at least 3 times a year and cries. I am guilty of thinking things are SOOOO over rated! Bratz, Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, Harry Potter, Lemony Snicket............I could go on.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• oops! I meant to say bought it for my mom after my dad died.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i didnt read the harry potter books when they first came out because they couldnt keep my attention. for one of my friends birthday parties we went to see the midnight showing of the first movie. i loved it. when i had my son i started reading the books because it was nice to read when i had to get up to feed him at night. i loved each one. so i have been sucked into harry potter tho i have to say that this new movie was disappointing. too much in the book for only 2.5 ish hours... as for the other stuff. i dont really like twilight. its kind of irritating and turned me off of the upcoming movie even more when the preview came on in the theater and 85% of the girls starting cheering and screaming. "he's so cute!" "ahhhh!!!!!" i almost left but i was was in a funky mood anyways... and i didnt know Lemony Snicket was a big thing... who wouldve thunk it...
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009