Is there anyway to kno if I'm having twins before my first ultrasound?

Twins run in BOTH sides of my family.. and since i'm only 17 i'm TERRIFIED that i'm going to end up with twins.. I'm to young for one baby but TWO??? I need to kno if there is anyway to tell if i'm having twins before i get to the doctor's office.. thank you for all your help

XshelbylynnX

Asked by XshelbylynnX at 2:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They may listen for heartbeats before the ultrasound, but other than that, no.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• There isn't a way for you personally to tell but a Dr. can usually tell before the ultrasound that they don't usually schedule until your 16-20 weeks. The dr. may hear two heartbeats etc..
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• nope! sry sweetie not even the heartbeat can be deciphered as two until you get a sonogram

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• An Ultrasound can detect that!.....How far along are you??....Gaining double the weight...or even showing quite a bit when your not even that far along can SOMETIMES mean twins.

Twins run in mine and Fiance's family also....but no twins. Just 1 boy (5 months) and 1 girl(2 yrs) for us! =)
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 3:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009