Did you get married because you were pregnant?

If so... is it a nightmare or are things ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ALMOST!!! WHEEW! That was close! lol

clapping

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No and I wouldn't recommend it.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My SOs family tried to pressure us to get married because I got pregnant. I won't because I want to get married when the time feels right and I want it based on love, not a child. She will have loving parents either way. We are very happy together but I don't think the time is right for marriage yet.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• we got engaged a month befor i got pregnant and set the date 2 weeks befor i found out so we didnt know i was pregnant and i was due in sept and our date was in june we went ahead with the wedding got married 6 months pregnant but we didnt get married because i was! and we have been married for 5 yrs and 1 month! its a struggle but so worth it i love him! mind you we were only together for 5 months befor we set the date!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes I got married because I was pregnant. It has been awful. I never even really loved him. But thought I had to marry him. We are now getting divorced. I would not recommend it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes I did, and it did not turn out well! I didn't really know the man like I thought I did, I was very young and thought I was in love. My parents pushed me to get married, they thought this was the best thing, the only thing to do! This was about 27 years ago. Anyway....it didn't turn out well, was very abusive and was into drugs and ended up over dosing and dying when our dd was 14 months old. "My" dd is now 26 years old.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• With my daughter, we got married when she was 4 months old. Myy grandma and his step mom pressured us into it (theyre REALLY religious) and my grandma is the one who made us go to the courthouse for the marriage liscence and she even paid for it to make sure we got it! I thought "Oh well maybe Ill eventually love him and no one would want me anyways bc Im 19 and have a kid...). We fought ALL the time and about 2 weeks after we got married I found out how he really was...He had been in the Marine's and had cheated on me when I was 8 months pregnant bc he was out in CA. I DO NOT recommend getting married only bc your pregnant. I''m 11 weeks pregnant right now and Ive ben with the guy for over a year and we live together and act married already and talked about it before I was pregnant, but I wont do it til I feel the time is right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I got married to the man who fathered my daughter when she was 5 mos old. I thought no other man would want me either so I tried to make it work and I was told repeatedly by his sister and mother he would grow up. I got pregnant again when our daughter was 13 mos old and had our son. Long story short, we are didn't make it to the 3rd anniversary our children are 18 and 16. The man is 40 years and still hasn't grown up. Unless you are really in love and are pregnant, DON'T DO IT.
    jlburas

Answer by jlburas at 9:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Tricky question, and I've heard positive stories about people who married because they were pregnant, but it didn't work out so well for me. We were just out of college, and barely knew each other. The circumstances were not favorable either. In the end, we divorced, but amicably and with the child's best interests in mind. Now we get along, and I like his wife, he likes my husband so we have a big, peaceful family now.  But I advise anyone who is pregnant to seriously evaluate the situation before considering marriage, especially if it's only because of the pregnancy.

lbmom2

Answer by lbmom2 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i met a guy a month after breaking up with a man i so deeply loved. I got pregnant a month later and when we found out we got engaged because we thought that was the right thing to do. We got married 2 months after that and I am now 8 months pregnant and married to this man. He is a nice person but I am not and never have been in love with him. We never have sex- we pretty much stopped after a month or 2 of dating. And I feel like I'm in hell. And on top of it all, I'm still in love with the man I broke up with before we met and he's still in love with me. I moved onto a rebound way too soon and now I'm paying for it. I am trying to get out of this marriage before my son is born, but it isn't easy and I feel like an awful person. Getting married because I was pregnant was the worst idea I've ever had.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2009