I can't take it tonight!!!!!!!

It is so freaking hot here in So.Cal with no A/C. It literally makes me want to sleep in the daytime (well I have been waking up at 1pm.) lol, By 3pm I just tell my mom and son let's get the hell out of here and we go to Wal-mart or the mall. It is 11:31PM and I am literally dripping sweat! My 2 dogs and cat are just knocked out on the tile and I am tired of the heat! How are you beating the heat? I constantly get up and wet my face and arms with water and sit in front of the fan.

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One good way to keep alittle cooler, is take a dish towel and wet it with cold water and wrap it around your neck, rewet as needed!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• if it was me i would run a bath of cold water and sit in it for awhile. this will bring down your core temp. That way you stay cool a little longer when you get out and you get some much needed relieve while in the tub!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• How hot is it outside? I live in Nashville and it's like 58 here which is record breaking for July. Im a big fan of fans...lol. I have them all on high. Or I get in the shower, wash my hair, and just leave it wet and that cools me off a bit.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well I'm visiting my mom right now and her house feels like it's about 30 degrees. I hate the cold. I would gladly switch places with you right. I live in Nor Cal and this freezing cold stuff is messing me up!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• O God honey I am so sorry is there anyway you can get a AC unit? I mean even one would help if you blocked off the room. I know times are tough right now but look at Garage sales or thrift stores. Do you have anything like the Salvation army that you can get one for free? If I had a AC or could afford to buy you one I would in a heartbeat! Unfortunately we are one of those people that lost our jobs and are struggling to! I will pray for you

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Gigi is there anywhere that will give you fans? I know that in my community they do this for those without air in their house. I think the churches do this also. You may want to check this out.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thank you anon! I don't have a tub and I have an A/C there on the wall that is just like an ugly decoration, Hasn't worked for years. I don't have the funds to even have one my uncle gave me to have it installed. I have asked my brother and his friends if they can come and install it and they just blow me off. My mom has a cooler in her house and my brother broke the handle. Does he care enough to fix it for her? Nope he just packed up his kids and went to the beach today. I shouldn't be complaining, my poor mom. :( GRRR, see the heat makes me complain too much also! lol.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• RonJ, I have 2 fans but it is just not cutting it tonight, Must be that I'm aggravated with my undiagnosed feminine probs,lol.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Gigi you and your son should be able to out a window unit in. Is that what you have when you say A/C? Just open a window and slide the sucker in,close the window and plug er in. It is really not hard to do, it may weigh a bit but I think the two of you could do it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The "decorative one I have in the wall. The windows I have in my livingroom are really big so I would need someone to cover the gaps that the a/c doesn't. If I only had a know how person to help me out I could try the one my uncle gave me. Sad thing is, I probably won't do it because my mom would get all upset and jealous. She is funny like that.. So how are you keeping cool?
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2009