How long were you in labor for and was it natural???

Im just asking cuz I'm due in november and a little nervous.... ok alotta nervous. I would love to do it naturally but... I dont know if could take the pain.

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was in the hospital in labor for 5 min. I was admited at 2:20 and my son was born at 2:25 but I was in labor at home for 16 hrs. I did it 100% natural, no meds, no iv and no monitoring at all... I was still in my cloths from home. I am so glad that i did it naturally. I knew from the begining that i could do it. Just dont say u will do it, wait and see.... see how you handle the first contractions and go from there. if you can tolerate the beginging the you sure wont be able to do it when u are pushing. good luck hon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I tried to do it naturally but I couldn't Handel it so I got the epidural with all 4 of my baby's! The first baby I was in labor fr 37 hours, Sec. baby 5 hours, third baby 30mins lol, and last but not least number four 4 hours!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I went into labor on the evening March 9, 2000 (my due date). My daughter was born at 7:08PM on March 12th via an emergency c-section because I hemmoraged. My other 4 daughters were born via repeat c-section.
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• 25 hours all drug free.
    It was difficult and I was exhausted but I did it!
    The hardest part for me was the exhaustion. I was dumb and didn't sleep when I could have. I only slept 4 hours the night before my water broke then was awake the entire next day in labor.

Transition felt to me like someone kicked me in the stomach. I literally peed myself.

The next one I plan to have at home. I am so proud of myself for going drug free, I know it was the best choice for my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was induced on Thursday evening, was in labor until Sunday morning at 2:57 when my son was born via c-section, got two epi's (the first one didn't take), pushed for nearly 4 hours, got to a certain point and didn't make any more progress , my b/p shot up to 200/95 (NOT a good thing) and was on oxygen (the highest flow they had), so they ended up doing the c-section. I kept telling myself I could do it naturally but in the end having both myself and my baby healthy made me realize it doesn't matter that I couldn't have a natural vaginal birth. If you tell yourself you CAN do it and focus and practice the breathing techniques and positions and be open to getting the EPI IF you feel like you need it, I am SURE you will do great.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i was in labor for 9 hours. i did great for 8 hours last hour got the ep. my plan was natural but they broke my water and it took me off track of my foucus. im 10 weeks and i plan to try to naturally have this one.i was not sad to get the ep with my frist cuz when they broke my water my body started to freak out. i started to shake and felt very sick to my stomic. after i got the ep i relaxed. and had the baby with no problem. by the time they put me in the other room. i was walking and moving around with no problem. thats about 2 hours later
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 3:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was induced and from when that IV got started till my DD come out it was 9 1/2 hours.The epi didn't take AT ALL once my DD head and arms out I finished delievering her it was amazing and I remember every single second of her birth like it was yesterday. You will do great just stay focus.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• #1 - got to hospital at noon, into room at 4, broke water at 7, baby born at midnight - 12hours not counting what was at home

#2 - got to hospital at 9pm, into room at 11, baby born at 4am - 7 hours not counting at home **but the doctor did have to slow my labour down for an emergency down the hall - I was on **

#3 - laboured for 6weeks nonproductively (*SOB*). induced at 2pm, baby born at 8:19pm - 6hours
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• #1- Dr REFUSED me an EPI. I was 21, young and stupid. I got the hospital, asked the nurses for an epi.. They said "Uh, this dr NEVER gives epi's" I didn't think to ask. He was 10lbs 14 oz, born vaginally, also he was faced up instead of down.
    #2 New OB... Epi discussed on FIRST visit. Week 38 I started spotting, didn't feel good, Dr said, Just come in and we will put you on the monitor. I got there, I was dialated to 10... felt like pushing... I had to wait for the MD to get there. SHe was born in 2 pushes. 32 minutes after walking in the hospital. I HONESTLY felt no contractions. No time for ANY epi.
    #3 Same OB, but at 35 weeks Friday appointment he said "I am gone until Tuesday for a Funeral" My water broke Monday morning. Guess who the on call dr was?? Mr "I don't give epi's" #4- make sure OB is cleared to do C-sections. Cord prolaped.. He wasn't cert'd to do c-sections!!!! No on call dr, had to deliver
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 8:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i had contractions on and off all day, but active labor was just a little over an hour. my water broke, and that's when my contractions got a little stronger, at 230am and i pushed for 10min and my son was born at 344am. i wasn't induce and i had no epi.

i suggest you read "spiritual midwifery" and "ina may's guide to childbirth" both by ina may gaskin, and also read "the thinking women's guide to a better birth" by henci goer

mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009