I'm 3 weeks late for my period, I'm not sure what to do next?

My period was supposed to come June 30th and I've taken 3 HPTs, each one week apart and they've all been negative. I've been very tired lately and sick to my stomach off and on during the day. No cramps and I've begun to get body acne which I've never had before (facial acne is worse than normal). I'm usually regular and haven't been under any stress (pretty laid back actually and in a great mood)... I don't have health insurance for a month and was thinking about getting a blood test done, but I heard they are quite expensive. I've called a few places in my area and they only do urine tests. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

athenahtml

Asked by athenahtml at 2:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would get one of those digital tests that say "pregnant or "not pregnant"
    Kim3125

Answer by Kim3125 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• and if one of them digital tests don't work I would just wait till your insurance kicks in and then go in to y our gyno and get a blood test, I didn't go to my Doc. untill I was 3 months prego with my last son cuz my health insurance didn't kick in
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• hello..hope i can giveyou alittle advice. first..are you on any birth control?

if having an irregular mentstrual cycle isnt normal for you and ur arent particullarly stressed..then i would definitely go for a blood test. but it is true that without insurance they can be pretty pricey. idk if u have any clinics around you but they see people without insurance and you only have to pay a co-pay. it also could be that your not far enough along for a preg test to read the hormone. most doctors say to get a clear reading on a urine test you should be at least 3-4 weeks pregnant. and a blood wouldnt lie. im sorry for ur dilema i wish u the best of luck and keep me posted. peace love and positive thoughts -E.
    ebrittian22

Answer by ebrittian22 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i would go to the doc, ur hormon level might be to low for a home test to work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Pregnancy test are not always accurate no matter what kind of test it is. With tow of my babys all of my pregnancy test came back negative and I tried several tests. The only way I found out for sure was a blood test and yes they are very expensive but thats the next step. Good luck.

Anonymous

• I'm not on birth control. I was on it July-October of last year but had to stop cause my insurance got canceled...
    athenahtml

Answer by athenahtml at 3:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i would just wait it out honestly if your not far enough along to be read on a HPT then your not really far enough along to worry about it just wait a couple weeks and take the test again or wait till you can go to the doctors...there are also pregnancy centers that do free pregnancy test or hell even try the ER your insurance should pay for any medical bills within the last three months so when it kicks in they can pay for it just tell them your having serious stomach issues lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• you can go to your health dept and get a blood test done, most are free.
    then, if you are, just wait til your insurance kicks in to go to get an appt w/ a midwife or dr
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2009