signs of miscarriage?

i am 19 weeks pregnant with what should be my 4th child. i am not showing at all, i have never felt the baby move. i throw up blood in the morning (usually every morning). i have horrible lower abdomen cramps, even when i'm just lying down resting. i have lost 21 pounds in the past three months from throwing up so much.

ive talked with my dr numerous times. she says everything is fine because she cna pick up a heartbeat at my monthly appts and that i'm thorwing up blood because my throat is too scratched up and that the abdomen cramps are normal with pregnancy. does anyone think i have a right to be worried and could possibly be a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd get a second opinion. You are not required to just listen to the one doc. I made that mistake and know others that have. I didn't know I was preg., I was in PAIN and bleeding for over 5 wks and the nurse wouldn't even make an apt with my doc. Found out I WAS pregnant. My cous. was preg w/ twins and had a disease. The doc refused to do certain tests and she had them 3mo. early and lost one. My other cous's fiance was seeing a doc for fertility together and was told he could never have kids. Guess what, she's been preg. 3 times with him!!!

I don't mean to scare you, just go get a second opinion. If you feel wierd don't tell your current doc and ask the new one to keep it anonymous. Doctors don't like to be questioned and sometimes they see soo much every day that they could blow it off and not do the proper tests.

Also, TRY to keep your nerves under control and you can take a little tylenol to relax the muscl
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My firs tthought is get a second opinion. throwing up blood can't be a good sign. If your throat is scratched up, did the doc give you any medicine for it? I have known women who have lost weight w/pregnancy because of being sick. If the doc says you have a heartbeat, you are probably pregnant. try not to worry about miscarriage. Usually is something is wrong w/the baby, you will miscarry the first 13 weeks. You don't want to keep thinking about it, and put the thought out into the universe. Keep thinking the baby is fine, I feel great. and get a second opinion
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 4:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i agree to get a second opinion, however if they can hear the babies heartbeat the baby is alive, but could be in distress. i have had 4 miscarriages, and your symptoms don't sound like a miscarriage, but something is defiantly not quite right. i hope you get it figured out. also, most miscarriages occur before 12 weeks, and your well past that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i was sick with my first pregnancy and no one would listen. dr kept telling me it was morning sickness. by the 12 th week i went to the hospital and it was determined that i had hyperemesis and was put on a home picc line.
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 9:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• And make sure you wear a panty liner so you can keep track of any spotting. Better safe than sorry.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2009