home care for urinary track infection

what can i take or do while waiting for the medicne to kick in... help please!!

nicole_28

Asked by nicole_28 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• Cranberry juice! Drinking lots of WATER, stay away from soda or reg juice, it will make it MUCH worse..... do you have meds for this? If you do, they should take effect by the morning but drinking lots of water is going to help a lot. There really isn't an "instant" cure but you can prevent it from feeling worse! I hope you feel better soon and this helps!

I also found beer to help but that is after like 4-6 and the next morning I feel great!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• There are a number of things you can do. Take cranberry pills, starting now to prevent another one. Drink pickle juice or cranberry juice. Those are my favorite things to do to help. What med do they have you on?
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 3:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ditto on the cranberry juice

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Get some AZO Cranberry Pills. Go ask the pharmacist how many you can take to equal a dose of Pyridium.
    Better still, call your doctor back and have them call you a script in for Pyridium. It's used to treat pain, burning, increased urination, and increased urge to urinate. It will be a HUGE help to you until your antibiotics kick in..
    I used to get UTI's constantly before I had my TVT-O surgery in early Feb. and that was a huge help for me.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 9:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2009