ANYONE AWAKE I SURE AM AND I NEED ADVISE BAD...

like most mom's i find cheerios under the sofa or a popsicle stick lurking around. but i am awake and can't sleep because tonight i found what i think was a giant cockroach... okay let me stop lying to myself ---it was a cockroach! i am so upset and cannot sleep thinking something is crawling on me. i looked like a crazy woman waiting for three hours and 4 failed attempts to catch the little punk, but i got him!!! and put him in a baggy. i have heard groceries can bring them in especially potatoes, but all i bought the other day was produce and it went right in the fridge. help me please someone.... i cannot calm down and i have to get up in about 5 hours. advise please>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Asked by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Where do you live? We live in the Southeast and there are cockroaches here called Palmetto Bugs and they are huge and really gross. But they don't infect your house like normal roaches. So you'll see one one day and then you won't get another for maybe a month or two. Mostly they try to come in when the weather starts to cool down and they come in through the ventilation system. So there really isn't a lot you can do. I've heard you can spread stuff around the perimeter of your house, but we have dogs, so I refuse to put anything down that could possibly get my dogs sick. I just kill the bug and flush it down the toilet. Also if you have lots of leaves or use pine needles as mulch in flower beds near your house, they like to live in those areas. Since you put him in a bag, try going online and seeing if you can tell what type of roach it is.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ARGH!!! I hate that. They can be brought in from anywhere. Also if your neighbors have roaches, eventually you will have roaches also. If you have a pest control service, call them for an in between service. I don't think the hot weather is probably helping either. I don't know what to say that will help you get to sleep, because I'd be the same way. I found a spider not too long ago I could go to sleep. Sorry. Best of luck to you.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 4:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• thank you .
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 4:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• That riddex helps. It won't help tonight. I am just starting to get critters again, but for six months, they were all gone. I guess it is the weather. I am gonna to buy another one.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 4:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I've heard that normal white chalk also does the trick! Just use it along the walls , around the borders, and where garbage cans are and for some reason they hate that! Hope this works for you! Plus it isn't a chemical!
    Anonymous

• borax and bay leaves

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2009