I feel like a horrible mother and i need help

I don't want to be a mom! I never wanted to be one. My dd is 3 and everyday i feel like a part of me is dying. I hate this so much. I can't do this anymore. I just want to leave. I don't know what to do. I need help. please can someone help me??? What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• do you always feel this way, or just when things are hard? are you alone? do you have family who could help you?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• honey i would need more details. you say apart of you is dying... why? is having a child keeping you from something you want to do? also you say you want to leave- is there anyone who can offer a break... child's father or grandparents around? i don't mean to be answering a question with more it's just i wonder need a little more insight to understand how to advise.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• adoption.
    dont put ur dd thru a life without love
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• troll
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have felt this way since Janurary when i stopped working and became a SAHM and no i don't really have any help. My family doesn't live3 close and my DH's family doesn't want to be involved and also i don't have a car at the moment.
    Anonymous

• troll

I am NOT a troll!! I am really in need of some help and i didn't know where else to turn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• you say apart of you is dying... why? is having a child keeping you from something you want to do?

I feel like i can't do anything! My entire life is all about her and my dh. It is so bad i swear i get to shower once a week!!! I just want to have an hour where i can do something for myself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would either say adoption or find a place to work. It sounds like depression to me! It hit me hard when I became a SAHM and had to get meds for a little bit. Can you find somewhere to work? Is there some way your DH can watch her while you work if you can't afford daycare? Sounds like you need to "get away" for a few hours a day and maybe a job will help.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• does your husband know you feel this way? is your situation that you aren't able to make enough to cover daycare?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• okay... you need to tell hubby that for the sake of sanity he needs to step up. sometimes they forget that taking care of a child is more stressful that a 40 hour a week job! tell him your feelings and that you need a break right away. if he gives you grief take it anyway. go! normally i would say that a marriage is equal and you should consider feelings of your partner. but damn that today. on his day off if he hasn't come around get outta the house and go to the movies by yourself, window shop, meet a friend for lunch, anything just try and relax. and please consider what being a stay at home mom means- if it causing you more pain than happiness- while your day of relaxation grab a newspaper.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 4:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2009