Has anyone heard of the "Magic Jack" as seen on TV?

My mom bought me one today but I forgot to buy a short telephone cord. You plug it into your USB port and you can't receive calls but you call anywhere for free. You never have a telephone bill. Anyone try this and does it work?

Mamasita98

Asked by Mamasita98 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have it. We love it. We have learned a lot since purchasing it. You need fast Internet for it to work correctly. You must install it on a computer that is never logged off. No connection, no phone. Also, if you have slower Internet and a lot of people on computers in your house it will mess with the quality of the connection. The voices sound distorted. So, if you have high speed Internet, and a computer to install it on that will never be logged of, then it is worth every penny. Free caller ID, free voice mail, free call waiting. We really love ours. Take that local phone company!. Of course you will need to keep a land line if you don't have a cell phone in the event of a power outage. No electricity, no phone. Good luck.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• look up MAGIC JACK REVIEWS in google.
    i heard reception is awful. sometimes internet connection is bad and drops the call. weird u asked this. i just looked it up like an hour ago after i saw the commercial. everyone said its cheap, but "u get what u paid for"
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I couldn't get on that page but I YOUTUBED it (yes for the anon that hates my youtube hobby) and I think I regret letting my mom buy it. It seems to work but you have to have you computer on all the time?!?!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh wow, my dh and I have talked about getting this....I didn't know you can't receive calls! Thx for that info!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My FIL has it and they receive calls. It even pops up on the computer to tell you who's calling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2009