how to induce my labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? your doc. can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• don't try to make yourself go into labor unless you past your due date...the baby needs to be in their for the full term to be healthy and safe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• eat food with msg, spicy foods, have sex, walk a lot....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It's gross but drink castor oil, my grandma told me about that one and it worked.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Castor oil, spisy foods, rasberry lea tea, and sex are the best ways. If those don't work I know lots other I enduce naturally a few mths ago at least make sure your not more than 2 wks from you do date other wise you can hurt the baby and your self.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• None of that stuff works unless the baby is ready to come anyways. just be patient:)
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 7:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• quoting from a internet page "Oxytocin can cause contractions to begin. One way to release oxytocin is to stimulate the mothers breasts, to be more specific her nipples. This can be done orally or manually, and can be done apart from or during sexual intercourse. So if your not in the mood to make love try rubbing and massaging the breast and nipple to stimulate them.

Semen contains a hormone called prostaglandins, this hormone is responsible for causing the uterus to contract. However it does not mean that labor will always be induced, sometimes it just helps mature the mothers cervix, getting it ready for labor."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think there is a sure fire way. Each woman is different. I will be 41 weeks tomorrow and I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I had fun trying everything that was suggested to me, I walked 2 miles every nite, had sex, nipple stimulation, spicy food, I've eaten more fresh pineapple than any one person should consume, I've done the teas and I've done squats but it didn't help so don't get your hopes up to high and good luck.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• wait until your baby is ready. that's the only way any kind of inducing will work. just be patient and rest while you can.
    also, castor oil is very dangerous. not only will it just leave w/ diarrhea, it can cause the baby to have a bowel movement inutero.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2009

• When I was pregnant with DS I tried every old wive's tale you could think of. My mother made me balsamic vinegar salads with every meal and raspberry tea. We walked when I was awake, and at night DH and I did the "deed". My mother even came after me with Castor oil... I washed floors and laundry by hand (supposedly the motion or something.)

In the end at my 40 week mark they scheduled the induction, manually stripped my cervix in the office, placed a Foley bulb with saline in it to dilate me, and I was off to have my baby three days later with pitocin.

If the baby isn't ready to come out yet and the doctors aren't worried enough to induce... there's no rush. I know I'm saying that now at 38 weeks and wanting to go too... And I have to admit I have a bottle of balsamic vinegar sitting in my cupboard next to my raspberry tea....
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 8:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2009